- £600,000 Value:
- 4 Bedrooms:
- 3 Bathrooms:
- 177m2 Area:
- 2019 Completion:
A private new luxury four bedroom freehold dwelling surrounded by a natural stone wall in the centre of Mere.
Inside, the property will have a traditional/modern architectural style – free flowing spaces, relaxed open-plan kitchen/diner, and lounge rooms, with underfloor heating, and one bedroom downstairs. It will also benefit from secluded, low maintenance outside areas.
Did you know, Stour Home are LABC 2018 Winners of Best New Development in Dorset for Six Trees property?
- New-build property
- Timber-framed / Natural Mere stone house
- Driveway wall with stone that originates from Mere Castle built in 1253
- A quiet relaxing stream with a pleasant outlook at the bottom of the rear courtyard
- Mains Gas, water sewage, electricity and drainage
- Large open plan modern kitchen/diner
- Utility room with freezer unit
- A large lounge with wood burner, and south and west sliding doors, leading out to the courtyard, it makes best use of the natural light available.
- A further room that could be a study, snug or fourth bedroom
- A downstairs toilet/shower room.
- Underfloor heating on the ground floor, and radiators on the first floor.
- A large master bedroom with en-suite
- Two further bedrooms with one bathroom
- Each bathroom is tastefully finished.
The property is within close proximity (short walk) to local amenities, activities and transport links and is ideal for homeowners looking for property for sale in Mere.
Mere is located in quiet picturesque, gently undulating countryside on the border of North Dorset and Wiltshire, with close proximity to the ancient hilltop town of Shaftesbury, and the National Trust site of Stourhead, which has a restaurant and farm shop.
En route to Stourhead, Hillbrush restaurant offers the finest locally sourced food, coffee, and tea in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
Mere has been described in the Sunday Times as one of the best places to live in the Southwest, with a good range of local shops and amenities, including a library, museum, post office, village pubs, dentist and doctors, all within a short walking distance. The nearby towns of Gillingham and Shaftesbury have several major supermarkets, including Waitrose, Tesco and Asda.
The location has the added advantage of excellent transport links to London and the West Country, via the A303. Four miles south, Gillingham station offers a regular service to London Waterloo, as well as Exeter and other destinations in the West Country. The City of Salisbury is within approximately 45 minutes driving distance to the east and Bath is a similar distance to the north.
Design & Build
This character home is built to the highest specifications using local stone and weatherboard, the property, with a distinct external design, provides an opportunity for greater individuality inside. The aim is to achieve a B EPC rating using high insulation and pioneering energy-efficient products. This property for sale in Mere will include a gas boiler providing central heating and hot water.
Access to the property is from The Lynch, with a spur off to the bottom of a cul de sac, used by only one other property. In front of the property, there is a driveway with double gates, providing secure off street parking for at least two cars.
To the west, the outside area will have Indian Sandstone paving to provide a wonderful outdoor seating area. To the south will be the opportunity to create a small Mediterranean style garden with pots and raised beds for vegetables and plants.