- £POA Value:
- 4 Bedrooms:
- 4 Bathrooms:
- 324m2 Area:
- 2021 Completion:
Property For Sale In Mere
A new build, four-bedroom home with outstanding panoramic views in AONB (Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty).
Midstone House provides a rare opportunity to acquire a property in mere that sits in an incredible rural position surrounded by countryside and open green space or woodland.
It is situated in a unique elevated position within the Cranborne Chase and West Wiltshire Downs Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, capturing some of the best views of Wiltshire and the Dorset Blackmore Vale.
Standing in a mature and well-established garden. The grounds of approximately .23 hectares are laid to lawn with flower and shrub borders, with a raised vegetable garden.
This property benefits from:
- Built to high specifications
- Lovely rural area
- Large bedroom + en-suite on ground floor
- Versatile internal design to adjust to your personal needs
- In grounds of approximately .23 hectares
- Dark night skies are a special quality of the AONB site
- High insulation
- Sunlight has countless health benefits, so we will provide lots of natural light
- We provide different types of heating and ventilation
- Air to air – This is the ideal way to enjoy a highly versatile, energy-efficient heating and cooling. We will be providing heating on the First Floor to improve air quality for asthma and hay fever suffers. It also makes your rooms more comfortable by reducing the humidity and moisture levels, especially during the spring and summer months.
- Air-source heat pump – This takes heat from the outside air and feed it into a wet central heating system, providing underfloor heating on the Ground Floor and hot water.
- MVHR – This is a heat recovery ventilation system that provides a constant supply of fresh filtered air, maintaining the air quality whilst being practically imperceptible, whilst retaining most of the energy that has already been used in heating the building.
AONB (Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty)
This property for sale in Mere is in close proximity to Cranborne Chase. This AONB is the 14th Reserve across the globe, and joins an exclusive club of International Union for the Conservation of Nature (IUCN) Protected Areas to gain international recognition for its dark skies.
Dark night skies are a special quality of the AONB and contribute to the areas sense of tranquillity and remoteness. A combination of clear night skies and low levels of light pollution make the Cranborne Chase one of the best places in the country for stargazing.
Rejecting the ordinary by design
The overreaching aim for the design of the proposed dwelling has been to reflect the rural setting of the property and the style and vernacular of the buildings found within Mere and surrounding properties. In forming the basis for the design approach, consideration has been made to both the desire for a functional building which services the needs of the modern homeowners but also one which is sensitive to the surrounding landscape.
The site is surrounded by large trees and 3m high Leylandii hedging, and the property would have an outstanding oak frontage. Constructed of natural stone up to 3m, and timber effect at the higher level.
It is considered that the bulk of the dwelling would be sited a significant distance from the neighbouring dwelling, Mere Down House. Also, the screening effect provided by the existing high laurel and beech hedging and a multitude of various trees, plus the large beech trees between both properties ensures privacy.
Property for sale in Mere Downs
The area is noted for its chalk farm land. To the south there are views of Shaftesbury, and to the west the Neolithic causeway camp and barrows, and iron age fort on the White Sheet Hills part of the Stourhead Estate.
The ridgeway on top of Mere Down provided an early east-west route that would have been used in historic times.
Mere is a picturesque and historic town having a good range of local shops and amenities, including library, museum, post office, dentist and a highly regarded doctors’ surgery.
The site is located 1.2 miles to the north of the town of Mere in the hamlet of Mere Down. The site is in close proximity to Bruton & Frome, and to the larger towns of Warminster (7 miles) and Gillingham (4 miles). Both these towns have railway stations providing regular services to London and the West Country.
The location has the added advantage of excellent transport links to London and the West Country. The City of Salisbury is within approximately 45 minutes driving distance to the east and Bath is a little less distance to the north.